Ruby on Rails Developer
Software Developer with 10+ years of experience delivering innovative and quality solutions for diverse industries. Focused on web and mobile technologies. Currently working with open source technologies like Ruby on Rails, Ruby Motion, Ember. Extensive experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET framework. Always open and willing to learn new technologies and interested in a challenging career.
- Developing web applications and services
- Analysis and design of databases and user interfaces
- Working with agile methodologies
- Implementing software development life cycle policies and procedures
- Managing and supporting multiple projects
- Effective communicator with good leadership and project management skills
- Highly adaptable in quickly changing technical environments with strong organizational and analytical skills
MeYouHealth - August 2013 - Present moment - Boston, MA USA
Rails and RubyMotion Engineer
Working with Ruby on Rails and Ruby Motion on Hello200 (iOS app).
Antlia IT Consultancy - July 2010 - February 2012 - São Paulo, Brazil
Software Developer - Project Leader
Re-engineered parts of a critical financial system, fixing bugs, adding new features, which resulted in an over 200% performance increase.
Designated to be the Project Leader of various projects due to impressive results and client satisfaction, leading to new opportunities for the company.
Responsible for developing solutions for one of the biggest private banks in Brazil, using Microsoft SharePoint, ASP.NET and C#
Introduced and evangelized new technologies to the company such as Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET MVC and jQuery Applied successfully agile metrologies in a non-agile-friendly environment Technologies Used: SharePoint, ASP.NET, C# e .NET 3.5, jQuery, RubyOnRails e SQL Server.
KokoonMe - October 2009 - Present - London, England
Co-Founder - Software Engineer
Co-founded this London based health startup. Responsible for delivering all technological solutions, including analysis, front and back-end development Assisted in the creation of the brand, designing the web site UI, logo and other marketing solutions. Integrated the website with Facebook and Twitter Technologies Used: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3 (current version in development) - ASP.NET MVC, C#, jQuery, SQL Server (first version)
Freelancer - May 2008 – October 2009 – Buenos Aires, Argentina; Milan, Italy, Seville, Spain
Software Developer - Project Manager
Wake-up call in professional career. Exposed to new technologies that helped me think “outside the box”. Analyzed, developed and deployed small and medium size projects for several clients in Brazil and United States. Technologies Used: ASP.NET MVC, C#, jQuery, CSS, SQL Server and MySql.
T-Systems Brazil - February 2007 – May 2008 – São Bernardo do Campo, Brazil
Successfully migrated the Volkswagen Call Center System (Remedy ARS/SQL Server) to the Oracle platform, supporting the existing legacy system until its retirement. Lead Developer of many applications for the Volkswagen Dealers Network Intranet and for the Volkswagen Marketing/CRM area. Developed communication skills to intermediate and improve the managers and client’s relationship. Technologies Used: ASP.NET, C#, Ajax, SQL Server and Oracle.
Allianz Brazil - November 2006 – February 2007 - São Paulo, Brazil
Participated in the migration of a critical system, developed in Oracle Forms to the .NET platform. Technologies Used: ASP.NET, C# and Oracle.
Telefónica Brazil - July 2006 - November 2006 - São Paulo, Brazil
Grupo Pão de Açúcar - July 2005 - June 2006 - São Paulo, Brazil
Ford Credit Brazil - December 2003 - June 2005 - São Bernardo do Campo, Brazil
Collaborated in the development of a web application to manage all the wholesale operations providing reports and analytic data to the users. This application was used in Brazil, Latin America and the United States. Technologies Used: ASP.NET, C#, XML, Java, Struts, JSP, EJB, Oracle e DB2.
E-Consulting Corp. - November 2002 - November 2003 - São Paulo, Brazil
Web4Solutions - October 2001 - November 2002 - São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Member of the development team for the new Ford Credit Brazil web site Maintained and implemented new features to the Ideas Generator System for Volkswagen Brazil, fixing bugs and improving the user experience, resulting in higher usage of the system Technologies Used: ASP Classic, Visual Basic 6, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server and Oracle.
MicroPower - May 1999 - December 2000 - São Caetano do Sul, SP, Brazil
Education & Certifications:
- Database Technologist with focus on Software Development and Project Management - Instituto Brasileiro de Tecnologia Avançada - São Paulo, Brazil (completed in June 2006)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - (December 2011)
- .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications
- .NET Framework 4, Web Applications
- English Fluent
- Portuguese Fluent
- Spanish Intermediate
Courses and Trainings:
- Software Engineering for Software as a Service - University of California, Berkeley / Coursera.org – 5 weeks
- Developing Web Applications with Ruby on Rails - ObjectData Training - 64h
- OWB - Oracle Warehouse Builder - T-Systems do Brasil - 30h
- Programming with C# (2124) - KaSolution
- Programming ADO.NET (2389) - KaSolution
- Developing XML Web Services using Microsoft ASP.NET (2524) - KaSolution
- Building COM+ Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise Services (2557) - KaSolution
- Programming a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database (2073) – KaSolution